5 QUICK TIPS TO BE FRA-COMPLIANT
The following operating & maintenance tips for Fire Extinguishers are all common sense, and covered as part of a Fire Risk Assessment.
However, you would be surprised how often these 5 Quick Tips are not followed.
1. Ensure Correct Positioning
- Is each extinguisher in the correct place next to a Fire Extinguisher sign?
- Can it be easily reached without obstruction?
2. Check Usage
- Are the seals and tamper tags in place to indicate that it has not been used?
3. Visual Inspection
- Is the extinguisher damaged?
- Are the operating instructions legible and facing outwards?
- Is the gauge in the green zone?
4. Identify the Responsible Person
- Who has responsibility for carrying out the regular checks?
5. Record & Monitor Results
- The responsible person should record the results of the visual inspections in a log book
- If anything is found to be wrong, they should arrange for immediate corrective action
We've summarised this information on a pdf for you to print out and keep.
Still unsure? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01869 252600 (Bicester) or 01275 333336 (Bristol) - we'd be only too happy to help.